[DeTomaso] Fwd: "Are you Ready for the Future?" (No direct PC but interesting!)

marshallgsmith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 28 10:25:32 EST 2017

Story of the year Jack!!

-------- Original message --------From: Jack Donahue <demongusta at gmail.com> Date: 12/27/17  11:27 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com Cc: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com Subject: [DeTomaso] Fwd: "Are you Ready for the Future?" (No direct PC but interesting!)
Terry - I forgot to share with the List.

> [...]
>
>> On Dec 27, 2017, at 10:03 PM, Himes, Terry (397C) <terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>>
>> Ah!  Speaking of Go Karts.  My dad (a Ford Mechanic and later a machinist) built my Go Kart from Dart Kart plans
>> and put 2 West Bend 580’s in it.  I will never forget the weekends racing it.  I bet many of you had Go Karts also!
>>
>> Let’s hear about them!!  It’s only a LITTLE off topic.  ;-)
>>

>> "A Purple Heart proves you were smart enough to hatch a plan,
>> stupid enough to try it and lucky enough to survive!"
>>
>> Terry W. Himes
>> JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
>> Dawn Spacecraft Team
>> Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
>> Phone: (818) 393-6261
>> Cell:     (818) 653-8213
>> thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
>> 🇺🇸
>>

>> On 12/27/17, 8:14 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Jack Donahue" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of demongusta at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>   Hear Hear - to that. Old school, cubes, headers, & testosterone.
>>   Ironic that my first go-kart (at age 6) was a “prototype” Singer sewing machine - I used to sit and watch my mother sew on one and just imagine how that wheel could be a "drive-wheel" on a go-kart. Fast forward 65 years - and here we are - electric cars??
>>
>>> On Dec 27, 2017, at 5:04 PM, audionut at hushmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Interesting indeed, Laurie--   thanks for posting.  I'd say that if
>>> he's off the mark, it ain't by much.
>>>
>>> I don't know about you guys but I'm never going to be ready to swap out
>>> my V8 for an electric motor.  I don't care how fast they are.
>>>

>>> Not even if you give me a 3D printer to poop out all the parts and
>>> robots to do the work.  No f'n way.
>>>

>>> A Pantera needs to growl, rumble and shake!
>>>

>>> Sent using Hushmail
>>>
>>> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.
>>>
>>> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.

>>   To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.
>>
>>   Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.

   Story of the year Jack!!