[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Pantera USA GTS Steering Wheel unique very rare

Tim Hobley timhobley at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 13:08:15 EST 2017

Hi all,

I am wondering if this is really is a Pantera US GTS steering wheel. All that I have seen have the leather on the rim glued on, and not sewn on, like this one has. I am also wondering about the extent of the 'dish' on this one, is it more than what was on the original wheel - it is difficult to say, when comparing with the write up on it on the PROVAMO site about these wheels. There are quite a few types of Ferrero steering wheels out there - they were either standard or aftermarket for a variety of Italian cars - especially Lancias. So you can get the two spoke ones, as used on the very early pushbutton Panteras, and you can get these ones that are the same as the US GTS steering wheel. I bought one on the Italian equivalent of the trading post about a year ago - they come up there every so often, and for considerably less money than this one. Just be careful that you really are getting the real thing. Look carefully that the Ferreo signature is of the correct type - there are different ones on different steering wheels, that the leather is attached correctly, correct numbers of holes in the spokes, etc, etc, etc.

Cheers, Tim.

Message: 5