[DeTomaso] New Pantera?

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Wed Dec 13 11:46:46 EST 2017

Dear Jeff,

            I have been thinking about this.   I agree with Tom
Tjaarda's comment.   I also would note three other notable sports cars:
the Porsche 911, the Corvette and the Mustang.   Unlike the Pantera, all
of them have continued through the decades.  Their styling has not
remained unchanged, but has evolved.  The evolutionary iterations of
each have not always been better and better, i.e. the Mustang II.   All
three of them have had very successful designs that incorporated the
fundamental characteristics of their ancestors.

            I do like the recent design although it does not the have
perfect proportions of the Tjaarda design.  It is mostly correct, in my
opinion, and it is unlikely that we shall see a perfect design for the
second generation Pantera.

                      Aesthetically yours,  Chuck Engles