[DeTomaso] Kurt Busch Pantera-- wow!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 2 11:55:58 EST 2017

Chuck,

I think you hit it; I happened to automatically switch to Velocity Channel last night as the TV had inadvertently been left on Ch2 (local News) and a show called MacGyver was on. That was immediately seen as an insult to an intelligent human being and just had to go before my well enjoyed Mexican Dinner ended up back in front of me. I think the Mexican we go to goes down well due to the appetizer we always order, a pitcher of Margarita's, but assuming any link between that and my vocal distaste of MacGuyver would be pure conjecture. It would necessitate embarking on a series of tests involving Margarita pitchers and watching a selection of TV shows to prove any statistical validity.

Anyway to cut a long story shorter, Velocity Channel had a show called Toymakerz, yes spelled like that, so you just know there's a hick element to it right off the bat, but credit where it's due at least they kinda set you up and warned you! The show was modifying a Mustang GT (somewhere around an 05-06 model year) to make a 'tuner' car, which consisted of a cold air intake and nitrous and ecu remapping along with a go fast half wrap.

They proceeded to install the K&N sponsored cold air intake and then the nitrous, but to do so had to remove the cold air intake... presumably so we could get another look at the K&N logo! Next comes the wheels and we get a whole 3 minutes of how remarkably beautiful the wheels are with the wheel vendor in on the act. Then off to commercial break, but wait it's the same guy he 's having a CNC lathe delivered and the vendor is singing the praises of all the parts they will now be able to fabricate, oh wait it's not a real commercial break that comes next! Actually the whole show felt like an extended commercial and out of it we got a wrapped 06 Mustang that he proceeds to burn a set of rear tires out on. At least MacGuyver would have escaped a certain death by using the paper clip in his pocket and button from his shirt.

I'm off to watch one of those Saturday morning infomercials now, where they proceed to sell you a new vacuum over 2 hours and don't give you the call in number and price until 1 hr 58 minutes and then tell you that you have to call in the next 10 minutes to get the deal. It's probably more entertaining with a lot more anticipation at the end!

Julian