[DeTomaso] New Pantera owner w/white Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 14:49:43 EDT 2017

In a message dated 8/28/17 5:23:13 AM, wrschauer at sbcglobal.net writes:

I am a new Pantera owner, 5887, and first post on line.

Embarrassed to say, haven't even physically seen car yet. It is being
worked on at Vehicle Performance Center in Phoenix AZ., Just updating to reliable
original specs, etc. Car is white, which looks kind of bland to me.
Thinking of some type of graphic update for exterior. Could also use copy of logo
to convert to film for exterior application.

>>>How 'white' is your car?   That is, has your car been repainted
improperly to eliminate all the black that was featured on all Panteras (apart from
the GT5 and GT5-S cars)?

Originally, the rocker panels, front valance and lower portion of the rear
valance were painted satin black--a VERY important stylistic feature that
tricks the eye and makes the car look longer, and not as tall.   Some people
make the mistake of repainting the whole car a solid color, which makes it
look a foot shorter in length, and a foot taller in height.   The bland effect
is even more pronounced on a white car.

If your car is missing those necessary accents, adding them is cheap and
easy, and you might find yourself then satisfied.   If not, the next step
might be to follow the European GTS paint scheme.  That color/graphics
combination works especially well on a white car IMHO, and it's very easy to achieve.
  In fact, you could even get away with wrapping the affected panels rather
than painting them, enabling you to switch back if you later changed your
mind?

See attached photo (and one more to follow…)

Cheers!