[DeTomaso] Tran Fortin 5-speed in a Pantera ?

George B gkb1968 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:21:43 EDT 2017

Steve,

I have been thinking a lot about putting a sequential gearbox in my Pantera. Have been on track with one a few times and it was really nice. Fully manual sequential is far more enjoyable than floppy paddles.

What is your guess on maintenance intervals if I were to use the clutch for all up and down shift when driving in town and only using it as intended for short bursts and 2 track days a year (always with a lift on up shifts)?

I need to find some mechanical drawings for the Fortinto see if it will fit without cutting the body. I can cut up the bolt in cross member, but not cool with cutting inner fenders or rear bodywork.

Thanks,
George

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone