[DeTomaso] Tran Fortin 5-speed in a Pantera ?

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Thu Aug 24 20:49:36 EDT 2017

We raced the Fortin 5 speed in our Class 10 desert car.  It is a fantastic
gearbox.  It can withstand the rigors desert racing.  We have a Fortin 4
speed with torque converter in our unlimited (700 HP) desert car, and it
too is fantastic.

We just sold our 5 speed for $15,000 (fresh rebuild), and upgraded to a
Fortin 6 speed no-lift sequential in our Class 10 car.

Fortin's service is fantastic.  They are great to deal with.  However, we
care for the gearboxes like we do everything that is raced (and subject to
racing abuse).  The gearboxes come are sent to Fortin at least once, and
sometimes twice, a year for "rebuilds" and maintenance.  The bill on the
annual rebuilds are about $2000-$5000, depending on what we have damaged.
I suspect street use would require much less.

For what its worth, I ordered three years ago the Quaife ZF for my GT40.
The price delivered, after a 5 month wait was about $15,000 (and it has
limited gearsets).  See
http://quaife.co.uk/quaife-zf-tranxaxle-back-popular-demand/

Regards,

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 312-320-5888

<http://www.patentit.com>

*Scottsdale Office* | *P*: 480.535.6656  |  *F:* 480.535.6628  |  *A:* 7689
East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

*Chicago Office *|* P:* 312.752.4357  |  *F:* 312.896.5633  |  *A:* 55 E.
Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
www.PatentIt.com

This email is intended only for the recipient above, and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error, please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.