[DeTomaso] Record price? (warning: tired, opinionated, ranting reply)

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Wed Aug 23 11:33:49 EDT 2017

All,

I have a race at Road America that same weekend, entries, hotels, airfares
etc. already done.  I will be racing my 63.5 Galaxie - pics attached.  It
is a beast to drive, but great fun.

I hope to make he SSCC next year.  In the meantime, I have been following
the emails trails with great interest.

Regards,

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 312-320-5888

<http://www.patentit.com>

*Scottsdale Office* | *P*: 480.535.6656  |  *F:* 480.535.6628  |  *A:* 7689
East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

*Chicago Office *|* P:* 312.752.4357  |  *F:* 312.896.5633  |  *A:* 55 E.
Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
www.PatentIt.com

This email is intended only for the recipient above, and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error, please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 8:26 AM, bflesland at gmail.com <bflesland at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> Vegas...
> Then only 4 hrs up to "race town" Ely.
>
> There is an "organized" caravan going up from Vegas to Ely Friday, just
> after tech and the Press Luncheon. Some racers enjoy doing this caravan.
>
> Tech inspections take place on Thursday September 14th on 8:00 am in Vegas
> and is open until about 11:30 am.
>
> If you have to go to "Rookie School" (for first timers) I believe this can
> be done same morning at 6:00 am in Vegas, or now even probably the days
> before the event.
> I know they (SSCC) recently changed the location (raceway) and times for
> this.
> You need to verify this eventually.
>
> If you have a racing license I believe you might get a waiver for the
> otherwise mandatory Rookie School. You need to ask the organizers.
> Email: sscc.us at gmail.com
>
> If you are not doing tech in Vegas, it can be done in Ely Friday morning
> or Saturday morning.
> But, the 1/2 mile and 1 mile shootout in Ely is Friday morning at 10 am.
> So you definitely want to tech as early as possible, if also doing the
> shootout.
>
> The most important items in the rule book in my opinion is:
> Condition of tires, all tire date codes, tire speed rating, helmet type
> and Snell SA date, race harnesses and date codes. You also need an approved
> fire extinguisher.
> Can send you the rule book if desired.
>
> And no oil or fluid leaks from car. Ask me, I should now...😉
>
> Hopefully we'll meet at the upcoming SSCC event.
> We plan on doing tech in Vegas Thursday, coming in from LA same morning.
> It absolutely takes away a lot of stress when you know you're passed
> inspections and are ready to roll already on Thursday morning.
>
> And yes, you can bring almost any type of car. Not open wheel type though.
> PS! It's the 30th Anniversary for the SSCC this year. Not to be missed.
>
> Hope you find the above info a bit useful.
> Cheers Bjoern
>

> > Den 23. aug. 2017 kl. 08.36 skrev Steve Lisa <stevelisa at patentit.com>:
> >
> >   Dave, nice to meet you, at least by email.A
> >
> >   Actually, our race shop and cars are all based in Scottsdale. And, I
> >   actually am getting most of my advice from Asa Jay (who sold me the car
> >   i good shape), other active members of this forum, and my own
> >   research.A  We do all our own fabrication, motors, etc. since we have
> >   means.A  That doesn't mean we do it right.A  But, at least we have
> >   ourselves to blame!
> >
> >   I would suggest starting a fresh email with subject area "Chicago area
> >   Pantera service help needed."
> >
> >   If you want to build FIA Group 3 racer....we can help with that!d-
> >
> >   On Tuesday, August 22, 2017, [1]djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com
> >   <[2]djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com> wrote:
> >
> >   Steve,
> >   I see you have a Chicago address. I live near Chicago. My 73 Pantera
> >   needs some TLC and some one who knows what their doing. Any

-------------- next part --------------
   All,A
   I have a race at Road America that same weekend, entries, hotels,
   airfares etc. already done.A  I will be racing my 63.5 Galaxie - pics
   attached.A  It is a beast to drive, but great fun. A
   I hope to make he SSCC next year.A  In the meantime, I have been
   following the emails trails with great interest. A

   Regards,A
   Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
   Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
   Direct: 312-320-5888
   [1][SGL-Email-Logo.jpg]

   Scottsdale OfficeA |A P:A 480.535.6656A  |A A F:A 480.535.6628A
   |A A A:A 7689 East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

   Chicago OfficeA |A P: 312.752.4357A  |A  F: 312.896.5633A  |A  A: 55 E.
   Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
   [2]www.PatentIt.com
     Email: [5]sscc.us at gmail.com
     If you are not doing tech in Vegas, it can be done in Ely Friday
     morning or Saturday morning.
     But, the 1/2 mile and 1 mile shootout in Ely is Friday morning at 10
     am.
     So you definitely want to tech as early as possible, if also doing
     the shootout.
     The most important items in the rule book in my opinion is:
     Condition of tires, all tire date codes, tire speed rating, helmet
     type and Snell SA date, race harnesses and date codes. You also need
     an approved fire extinguisher.
     Can send you the rule book if desired.
     And no oil or fluid leaks from car. Ask me, I should now...d-
     <[6]stevelisa at patentit.com>:

     >A  A Dave, nice to meet you, at least by email.A
     >
     >A  A Actually, our race shop and cars are all based in Scottsdale.
     And, I
     >A  A actually am getting most of my advice from Asa Jay (who sold
     me the car
     >A  A i good shape), other active members of this forum, and my own
     >A  A research.AA  We do all our own fabrication, motors, etc. since
     we have
     >A  A means.AA  That doesn't mean we do it right.AA  But, at least
     we have
     >A  A ourselves to blame!
     >
     >A  A I would suggest starting a fresh email with subject area
     "Chicago area
     >A  A Pantera service help needed."
     >
     >A  A If you want to build FIA Group 3 racer....we can help with
     that!d-

     >A  A On Tuesday, August 22, 2017, [1][7]djenkins at vanguardtrailer.
     com
     >A  A <[2][8]djenkins at vanguardtrailer.com> wrote:
     >
     >A  A Steve,
     >A  A I see you have a Chicago address. I live near Chicago. My 73
     Pantera
     >A  A needs some TLC and some one who knows what their doing. Any
     >A  A suggestions?
     >A  A Thanks,
     >A  A Dave
     >A  A Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
     >A  A ------ Original message------
     >A  A From: Steve Lisa
     >A  A Date: Tue, Aug 22, 2017 9:20 PM
     >A  A To: ehpantera;
     >A  A Cc: [3][9]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com;Wing, Bob R (394E);
     >A  A Subject:Re: [DeTomaso] Record price? (warning: tired,
     opinionated,
     >A  A ranting reply)
     > I would love to come - but it seems that, like all race cars
     (which it is
     > primarily), it is only getting done a week or even a few days
     before the
     > events.A  And, we have already started the winter tear down -- so
     the engine
     > is out, transaxle is going for rebuilt, etc. etc.A  So, our hope
     is it is
     > ready again next spring to race at a bit of a higher level than
     this year.
     > Can I show up with something else, like a 65 Galaxie?
     >
     > I am hoping that at some point in the next year or so I reach the
     limit of
     > what I can or want to do, and then it will be easier to "maintain"
     --- as
     > the "improving" part is past.
     >
     > Regards,
     >
     > Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
     > Email:[4] SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
     > Direct: [5]312-320-5888 <(312)%[10][6]20320-5888>

References

   1. http://www.patentit.com/
   2. http://www.PatentIt.com/
   3. mailto:bflesland at gmail.com