[DeTomaso] NPC: car news stuff kinda sad

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 10 13:26:32 EDT 2017

I took the Danny McKeevers High Speed Racing School up in Willow Springs many years
Ago with a bunch of other Pantera nuts!  BEST 3 days ever!! Well worth the cost. The
instructors did NOT go easy on us.  One flagged me into the pits, jumped into the drivers
seat and said “Your being too tentative in the corners!!!!!”  Then proceeded to show me
how it’s done.  Good lesson!

Willow Springs is also where they vet all the plastic Hollywood ego’s who “think” they can drive
and compete in the Long Beach Grand Prix celebrity race. Some of them are actually pretty
good.  Others… all ego. Makes for good stories tho.

I hope they save the Skip Barber Racing School.

Terry

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team