[DeTomaso] NPC - Mid-engine C8 Vette to be a Holden?

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Sun Aug 6 09:07:24 EDT 2017

How nice of GM to acknowledge the fact that there is a problem with the
their Corvette's cooling system. In 2012 I bought a new Chevy Colorado
4x4 truck with the Z71 option and a 5.3 V8. There was always a low speed
knocking in the front end and after many trips to three different
dealers the problem was actually found, but only after I took the truck
off road for the very first time. With only 7k miles on the truck the
truck the front sway bar links had begun to fail. Since this particular
V8 model truck only made up about five percent of the total Colorado
production, GM knew nothing about the problem. GM told the dealer to
locate another identical truck, which they actually did. After the other
dealer's service manager drove their truck, he reported that it also had
the same low speed front end knock. GM then told me that the knocking
problem was not a defect and that it was a characteristic. They also
told me that they would gladly replace the defective sway bar links as
long as the truck was under warranty and if enough people complained
about this problem, they would then consider a fix. It is nice that GM
hasn't told the very few Corvette owners that complained about their
water temperature problem was just a characteristic.