[DeTomaso] What says the 'Collective' about a 'Slugger'

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Aug 1 16:00:57 EDT 2017

Hmmmm…

Four Seasons is a major A/C parts supplier. They offer three versions of what they call a “deslugger”. ALL the listings for desluggers on eBay are for one of their three offerings.

Two are listed for use on Denso S10 compressor, the other on a Honda scroll compressor. None listed for the stock York or the common Sanden rotary compressors.

They all have four wires to connect. No wiring installation details on their site. How to install with our one-wire compressors?

A search at autoacforum.com <http://autoacforum.com/> shows no postings for slugger or deslugger.

The Pantera compressor has always been mounted low. I know of no history of failures attributed to ‘slugging’ or hydro-lock.

My verdict: perhaps of value to the cars listed in “applications” at the four seasons website.

Of little or no value, and perhaps NOT advised??, for our York or Sanden compressors.

My 2¢

Larry