[DeTomaso] What says the 'Collective' about a 'Slugger'

George B gkb1968 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 1 10:11:54 EDT 2017

Actually a 13b is about 250lbs dry.  An LS3 is only 375lbs dry (with water pump, plastic intake, flex plate, balancer and valve covers with coil packs). If you add the weight of the turbos, intercooler and related plumbing/brackets to the rotory engine there really isn't all that much difference in wieght.

The center if mass on the LS3 is also very low compared to most modern engines. It doesn't have 4 heavy cams riding on top of the engine with gigantic heads housing all of the extra valve train components.

Also, the LS3 has amasing amounts of torque right off idle and they are extremely reliable if modified correctly. The 13b torque curve resembles an old 2 stroke dirt bike engine.

I do agree that the rotory engine is a very different and very interesting piece of equipment anyway.

George

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone