[DeTomaso] Latest DeTomaso Rumors

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 23:08:36 EDT 2017

If I were doing it, I would:

1.  Copy the GT5-S body as closely as possible.  Only change as required
for safety requirements.
2.  Modernize the interior - similar to what you¹d see in a Porsche or
BMW, but not as flashy as a Ferrari or Lamborghini.
3.  Ford Modular, perhaps the 5.0 flat crank.
4.  Update brakes, suspension, etc., as needed to modern specs -
anti-lock, air bags, etc.
5.  ZF transaxle if possible or Porsche turbo if ZF is not practical.
6.  GT5-S clone wheels, but to modern sizes.

If they could do that under $75K, they¹d sell a bunch.

If it is in the $100K range, there are too many alternatives that are just
as cool and cheaper.

On 4/26/17, 9:52 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Yahoo via DeTomaso"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of