[DeTomaso] Latest DeTomaso Rumor

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 13:00:40 EDT 2017

For those of you who are Facebook Challenged, this was posted by Dave Adler
today:

Today, while attending the Pantera Palooza event, Linda and I met Mr. Tom
Kim from De Tomaso Automobil Limited, based in Hong Kong. Mr. Kim informs us
that his company will be offering new Panteras for sale, possibly later this
year. The new Panteras are based upon the GT5-S body style, not a new
design. The cars will have an extended rear section of the body measuring 8
inches larger than the original car, that will house a Roush V8 producing
over 600 horsepower and a Ricardo 6-speed transmission. 325 of the new
Panteras will be produced for U.S. consumption and over 200 of them are
already spoken for. The car will be built in South Africa where it is being
safety-tested at this moment. Prices will start at $275,000 to $325,000 USD.
No photos were available for publication at this time. The company will use
the logo shown below this post instead of the original Isis logo. As soon as
we can obtain any photographs of the new car, we will post them here. If any
of our Group Members can add to the above information, I would invite you to
post it. The company website will be: detomaso.co. Steve Wilkinson
introduced us to Mr. Kim. We wish this new venture much success.

(Note - the shown logo is the modernized one