[DeTomaso] GT5-S with special bumpers / facia (9494 and ???)

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 13:14:27 EDT 2017

Mike,

That car was one of three built (two white, one red). All three came to the USA and the two white ones were in Florida for years.
One of them sold to Canada a few years ago, and later was placed up for sale again. I presume that is the one you saw...

Mike

Group,

I am now confused....

One of these cars is 9494... and I have received lots of photos over the years and
they have been added to the registry.  However I suspect that photos of both white cars
were added to the same registry entry under 9494.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNFY09494/RTHPNFY09494.asp

In going thru the photos, the cars are similar or near identical, but one is seen
with stock (white) campy wheels, while the other (?) has Group 4-like dished Campy Clones in 17" diameter.  Unless the owner
installs the stock wheels for shows.

Both cars were photographed in Florida, and thus partially caused the confused me and others have had.

One car moved to Edmonton Alberta Canada... and was offered for sale recently.
The other car was last seen in Florida.

So...

Which car is in Canada, and which car is in Florida, and how can we tell the difference ???
(What is the license plate of the 'other' car still in Florida?)

So, you with keen eyes review the registry entry for 9494, to see all the pics, and together
we can split the existing photos into the correct entries.

And if anyone knows the VIN of the 'other' white car, let me know... Until then it will be
Unknown1278.

Tony Blevins, can you help too?

Chuck