[DeTomaso] Techno question: setting the engine brace bar properly

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 14:28:05 EDT 2017

Chuck, you can try the doughnuts. But when I ran a Hall big-bore set a decade ago, the leverage from the mufflers against the header flanges was such that the doughnuts fractured, then pounded out in a few thousand miles. I substituted flat gaskets, then sold the mufflers & connecting pipes. Good luck- J Deryke