[DeTomaso] Question re: push button or earliest Pantera mufflers

Emiliano Ballejos mghibli7 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 13:01:02 EDT 2017

Can anybody tell me if the exhaust system that came on the very first panteras had a different muffler hanger system?

My cars have all been '73/'74 but among the parts I got with one car was an Ansa muffler that doesn't have the L bracket welded to the muffler and pipe. I'm wondering if the very first Panteras came with some sort of clamp type mount that attached around the pipe rather than the bracket that is welded to the pipe and muffler.

Aside from that the muffler seems to be slightly smaller than the later ones.

That being said, I have this one right side I don't need if anybody is looking for one or would like it.

While not perfect, as it has some pitting on the chrome, and what appears to be shelf wear on the wrinkle finish, it is in very good condition. I don't think has ever been mounted on a car, but if it was, it was only for a very short time. It also doesn't look like it was ever modified, the wrinkle finish paint is consistent throughout.

Regards,
Emiliano