[DeTomaso] Steering wheel shimmy

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 15:14:12 EDT 2017

Tom,

Unfortunately the PE wheels weren't always as round as you would hope. Lori's car has the same issue with her PE wheels. Slight vibration in the steering wheel, with new tires fitted and balanced. Switched to stock wheels with 30-year-old Goodyear tires while new tires were being fitted on the PE wheels, and the car was dead smooth.

Haven't taken the time to investigate what it would take to fix the PE wheels though.

Mike

Sent from my iPad