[DeTomaso] Some FIA Group 3 brake questions - circa 1973

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 17 23:12:24 EDT 2017

Asa Jay is correct.  I did that and my Pantera sounds awesome!!  I love the sound.  My neighbors… not so much!

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
🇺🇸

On 4/17/17, 8:09 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Asa Jay Laughton" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of asajay at asajay.com> wrote:

       Hi Steve,
       The extra headers were some old four-into-one style from Hall Pantera
       as I recall.  The plan (way back when) was to blast them, re-weld as
       necessary and ceramic coat.  I never got around to doing that.  If you
       are buying the entire GTS system from Wilkinson, get the whole thing,
       headers, mufflers, pipes, all of it.  It's a killer of a deal package
       purchased by many on this list when it first came out.  It really helps
       open up the exhaust, looks good and sounds good.  It was on my list of
       things to buy when I won the lottery.  :)
       You paid a fair price for the car... the extended family just happens
       to come with it.  You'll find folks on the DeTomaso email forum span
       the spectrum.  We have folks who are pretty much car show nuts only and
       they have some of the prettiest Panteras you'll ever see.  On the other
       end of the spectrum, we have those who simply make sure everything
       works, the car is clean and it goes really fast, in various kinds of
       competition events.  In between the two, many owners find joy in a
       little bit of both.  Overall, if you have a question, there is most
       likely someone here who can answer it.
       Sam is only 13 this year so it may be hard to allow him to ride along.
       Still, if we are free on a race weekend and we can make it down, we may
       try.  It would be pretty cool to watch the car in action.
       I'll see about hooking you up on the Team Pantera Racing web site too.
       Give me a day or so.
       Asa Jay
    Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
    & Shelley Marie
    Spokane, WA
    [1]http://w7tsc.org
    [2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com