[DeTomaso] HVAC Blower Motor Replacement

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 12:31:55 EDT 2017

I need help!

I'm in the middle of replacing my AC blower motor and can't get the darn thing out.  I've read a number of old posts as well as Steve Hawkins' article on the Space City Panteras website (http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/techinfo/Blower/) and Rob DuMoulin's articles on dash removal (http://www.panteraplace.com/AC/Rob%20DuMoulin%20Dash.pdf) and heater box removal (http://www.panteraplace.com/AC/Rob%20DuMoulin%20Heater%20Box.pdf), but I cannot get the blower motor out.

Note that I am NOT removing the entire heater box. I've removed my dashboard and I'm trying to remove the blower motor and squirrel cage assembly from the back of the heater box in-car. Unfortunately, I have almost no visibility back there and have to do much of it by feel reaching behind the heater box.

I've removed the 3 screws (6 total) from atop each of the squirrel cage blower housings.
I've also removed the 4 (2 above and 2 below) screws from the "half-moon" clamp around the body of the blower motor.

The whole assembly is still firmly attached to the heater box. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?  What else do I need to do to get the blower motor assembly out?

I'm trying to get this done in the next couple of days to take the car to the Pantera Palooza in Orange County next weekend - my wife said she's not going if the AC doesn't work!  Actually, she'll go regardless, but I won't hear the end of it if she's hot and uncomfortable!  :)

Thanks!

Garth