[DeTomaso] Urgent brake booster replacement

B. SEIB oldwheel at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 15 16:19:39 EDT 2017

Thank you Roland! Good to have this information.
Are you able to say which DT cars used this big booster?

Barry

Roland willibillie at live.de
Sat Apr 15 15:50:43 EDT 2017

 Yes, the bigger DT Booster has four bolts. The source is a Fiat Ducato
light truck. If you label a Fiat part with a Ferrari Logo, it tripples the
price....

Roland
----
Mike
I had ideas about using a 308 Ferrari booster myself a while back, but when
I looked at my friend's 308, it was a 4-stud model that looked otherwise the
same as our Pantera ones.

So...I bought a new booster, sold to me as a Pantera one. It came and it
also had 4 mounting studs in a square pattern but was brand new. It is also
slightly larger in diameter, but you wouldn't notice that visually unless
they were side by side. Our Pantera master cylinder fits perfectly. I didn't
want to modify my existing pedal box casting, so I bought a spare on ebay,
did a little alum welding and machining and installed it. I had to make a
few small adjustments to the surrounding sheet metal, but nothing
noticeable. It works great.

I was told it was actually a Grp 3 or 4 model. I now have doubts about that.
I've never seen the back of a GT5 booster (or Grp 3 Grp4).
Does anyone actually know if any Pantera or DeTomaso used this larger 4-stud
booster? Or is it a Ferrari one perhaps?
I think it may be a bit larger than the 308 model booster though.
Photos attached.

Barry