[DeTomaso] NPT Windows update to Windows 7, on 4/13/2013 was <30 sec to start before update, now 10 minutes?

Larry - Ohio Time Larry at OhioTimeCorp.com
Sat Apr 15 16:03:35 EDT 2017

Hi Ken,

I would look to your start up tab in "msconfig".  This will give you an
insite to what is being loaded at start up.

You can also boot up in "safe mode", as a test, that skips the start up
settings in your PC.

Larry (have not updated a Novel server in 18 years) Cleveland

-----Original Message-----
From: DeTomaso [mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com] On Behalf
Of Ken Green via DeTomaso
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 6:55 PM
To: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] NPT Windows update to Windows 7, on 4/13/2013 was <30
sec to start before update, now 10 minutes?

Has anyone else had this?  This is a 2 month old Dell XPS 8900 in my
office.  We also have 3 old Dell Vostros that had updates and were not
affected.
I get a screen with DELL that sits there for like 5 minutes, then a blank
screen, and then eventually startup.  Runs fine after that.
I Googled it, and found some else with the same issue on the same day, no
solution posted?
Ken