[DeTomaso] Techno Question: The Proper and Correct Way toconnect the engine heater hoses to the central heater tubes

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Mon Apr 10 11:35:02 EDT 2017

Julian,

I'd say that the things you mention are marginal. Let me explain: a) The
static pressure in the system is totally dominating over the pressure
difference from block outlet to water pump inlet. Even with the valve
closed static pressure on the low side is almost as high as the highest
pressure in the rest of the system. c) Any air will purge when the valve
is (fully) open anyway due to the small cross section of the passages.
What I saw when I opened the valve was that it tends to open with
pressure in one direction and close with pressure in the other. I think
that's of higher importance to address.

Addition: It seems though that the proper flow direction is in fact from
the heater core, through the valve to the suction side of the water pump
as you wrote.

Tomas