[DeTomaso] To Paint or Not To Paint (engine bay)

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Apr 8 14:22:22 EDT 2017

10 years ago when I cleaned up my engine bay, after scraping all the undercoating off and doing a light fill and sand of bondo in the weld dimples, I shot the bay with 3M Body Schutz, which is an undercoating material.  It cleans up very easily with a soapy scrub brush and a quick rinse.  It has worn through in a couple of small areas where the trunk tubs scuffed it, but a touch of satin black engine bay paint and you can't see it.

Glad to send pics if any are interested.

Mike Thomsa
Pres., Panteras Northwest
206-795-3302
Yellow ’74 #6328