[DeTomaso] To Paint or Not To Paint?

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Fri Apr 7 14:35:44 EDT 2017

Cory, to use the trunk-tub at all after painting the sheet metal any shiny color, line the outside of the tub -at least on the pressure points- with fluffy carpeting remnants. The tub will rub paint, wrecking the look you're spending so much time & effort to achieve. This will also probably keep you from using the stock trunk hold-downs, but in 1980, I removed ours and have never missed them. The tub really can't move when the decklid is closed so any fasteners are redundent. Good luck on a difficult job- J Deryke