[DeTomaso] Heater tubes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 01:31:41 EDT 2016

In a message dated 9/29/16 18 22 40, rob at dumoulins.net writes:

> No! Cut the old tubes out. New tubes from vendors are pre-cut into 2
> pieces
> with rubber connectors. Might as well get new gaskets for the frame rail
> holes while you are at it. Getting those installed around the tubes and
> staying in the holes was the hardest part.
>

>>>Rob,

I suspect you have issued the right answer, to the wrong question. :>)

Your answer seems to be addressing the radiator pipes, and it's right on.
But he is asking about the HEATER pipes inside the cabin.   They are
secured with clamps that are spot-welded to the inside of the chassis.   I have
read others here describing how they replaced them, but I am fairly certain
it's impossible to install new pipes with the engine in place.   Removing the
old ones can be done though, although it usually involves cutting them out
in small pieces.   Then you can run long lengths of heater hose in lieu of
the metal pipes (sub-optimal solution).