[DeTomaso] 1972 Red Paint codes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 21:38:03 EDT 2016

In a message dated 9/27/16 10 35 50, edducati at mac.com writes:

> I know this may be an old subject and one that has probably been answered
> before.
>
> What is the 1972 Pantera Red paint code and the cross reference to a
> modern paint like Ditzler Deltron, Glasurit, etc.
>
> From what I understand there were two reds? a darker red and orange red?
>
>>>Ed,

There were three reds according to the Ford parts book, although one of
them is the burgundy used on the '73-74 USA-model GTS, which doesn't really
count.

The 1971 cars were painted differently from the 1972 and later cars.   I
think the 1971 red was a purer, more Italian red, while the '72-74 red had
more of a tomato flavor to it.

All the paint codes in the attached file are, as far as I know, completely
obsolete, at least in the USA.   I think Roger Brotton in the UK has had
luck getting matches made there?   So maybe you have a fighting chance in New
Zealand....