[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 147, Issue 33

Mike Reilly reillyms at live.com
Tue Sep 27 15:33:06 EDT 2016

Kenny, no problem.  I had planned to provide more info so thanks for the reminder.  Info below. I can’t remember the width I used but I took an old roller (the rubber stock version) and used that as a guide to make the cuts.  It didn’t have to be super accurate to fit in the rails.  This company is also a good resource for other stuff as well.  Mike Drew had pointed folks to it for something else and I really like using them.   Thanks, Mike R.

Company:  Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.

Item info:  02-52001 DELRIN ROD 1" (NATURAL)

Price:  $5.50 for 12” plus shipping

Link:  (http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/delrinrod.php?clickkey=3080063)

OK, cough it up!  What size Delrin (Diameter) and where did you find it online?  I need to fix mine in the worst way!

Kenny

I just updated mine to Delrin after researching on the PI Forum for possible solutions.  I saw the vendors sold at set of eight new Delrin rollers for about $80 but a simple internet search netted a one foot rod that was the correct diameter for about $8.   I bought it and then cut it to the correct width with a hacksaw to make eight of them.  I just put the seats in a few weeks ago and they slide great and I don?t hear any noise from them at all.  It?s an easy way to go IMHO.   Mike R.

   use the links above.