[DeTomaso] FW: Yahoo! Breach Affects 500 Million Users NPC BEWARE

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 23 13:48:54 EDT 2016

FYI

For all those Yahoo users.    Beware!!

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>
🇺🇸

From: Shea Allen <shea at iwstrategists.com<mailto:shea at iwstrategists.com>> on behalf of Bruce Horowitz <info at iwstrategists.com<mailto:info at iwstrategists.com>>
Date: Friday, September 23, 2016 10:46 AM
To: Terry Himes <Terry.Himes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Terry.Himes at jpl.nasa.gov>>
Subject: Yahoo! Breach Affects 500 Million Users

As part of our ongoing efforts to help keep your personal information as safe as possible, we want to remind you to stay on the lookout for the many security threats making the rounds in cyberspace today.

Recently, we learned about a massive Yahoo! breach in which more than 500 million users of Yahoo! services—including Yahoo! Mail, Fantasy Sports, and Flickr—have had their account information compromised. We advise you to change your Yahoo! password immediately—and be sure to update any other online accounts that reused your Yahoo! password.

What information was compromised?
Yahoo! has confirmed that the following information may have been stolen:

  *   Names
  *   E-mail addresses
  *   Telephone numbers
  *   Dates of birth
  *   Passwords
  *   Security questions and answers

What steps can you take to protect yourself?
1) Change your password. If you log in to your account and change your password, attackers can’t use the old, compromised password to gain access. Be sure that your new password is long and complex and does not resemble your previous password.

2) Review passwords on your other accounts. When attackers compromise one set of credentials (i.e., e-mail address and password), they’ll attempt to use it on all your different online accounts. Each of your online accounts should have a unique, hard-to-guess password. If you find that you did reuse your password, change those other account passwords as soon as possible.

3) Review security questions and answers on your other accounts. As with the above step, be sure that your Yahoo! security questions and answers don’t match those of your other online accounts.

4) Be wary of e-mails that come from Yahoo! Yahoo! is sending e-mails to all affected users with this message<https://s.yimg.com/sf/support/en-security-notice-content.pdf>. Attackers will likely take advantage of the situation and send warning e-mails pretending to be Yahoo!, trying to get users to click on malicious links or attachments or to send their password information. Note that Yahoo!’s official message does not ask you to click anything or send sensitive information.

5) Monitor your accounts for suspicious activity. As the breach occurred two years ago, many users may have already become victims to identity theft (i.e., if a Yahoo! password was reused on other accounts). If you believe that you’re a victim of identity theft, please visit identitytheft.gov<https://identitytheft.gov> to file an FTC report and view helpful resources for minimizing the impact.

For more information, visit Yahoo!’s FAQs page<https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN27925.html?impressions=true> regarding the incident.

Rest assured that we are always concerned about information security. If you have any questions, please contact us at 323-878-2500.

Sincerely,

Bruce Horowitz
President

Ho
prP
Phone 323.878.2500 | Fax 323.878.2511 | info at iwstrategists.com<mailto:info at iwstrategists.com>

[bruce_horowitz_email_sig_ver2]

INNOVATIVE WEALTH STRATEGISTS
6767 Forest Lawn Drive, Suite 120, Los Angeles, CA  90068-1027 | www.iwstrategists.com

Join Our Community   [20-social-media-icons - Copy - Copy (2)] <https://www.facebook.com/iwstrategists>    [20-social-media-icons - Copy (2)] <http://innovativewealthstrategists.wordpress.com/>    [20-social-media-icons (1) - Copy] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceshorowitz/>

Bruce S. Horowitz (CA INSURANCE LICENSE #0B66129) is a Registered Representative and Investment Adviser Representative with/and
offers securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser.

~ We appreciate your business and the trust you place in us ~

-------------- next part --------------

   [1]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov

[...]

   to all affected users with [5]this message. Attackers will likely take
   advantage of the situation and send warning e-mails pretending to be
   Yahoo!, trying to get users to click on malicious links or attachments
   or to send their password information. Note that Yahoo!'s official
   message does not ask you to click anything or send sensitive
   information.

   5) Monitor your accounts for suspicious activity. As the breach
   occurred two years ago, many users may have already become victims to
   identity theft (i.e., if a Yahoo! password was reused on other
   accounts). If you believe that you're a victim of identity theft,
   please visit [6]identitytheft.gov to file an FTC report and view
   helpful resources for minimizing the impact.

   For more information, visit Yahoo!'s [7]FAQs page regarding the

   Phone 323.878.2500 | Fax 323.878.2511 | [8]info at iwstrategists.com

   bruce_horowitz_email_sig_ver2

   INNOVATIVE WEALTH STRATEGISTS

   6767 Forest Lawn Drive, Suite 120, Los Angeles, CA  90068-1027 |
   [9]www.iwstrategists.com

   Join Our Community   [10] 20-social-media-icons - Copy - Copy (2)
   [11] 20-social-media-icons - Copy (2)    [12] 20-social-media-icons (1)
   - Copy

      Bruce S. Horowitz (CA INSURANCE LICENSE #0B66129) is a Registered
        Representative and Investment Adviser Representative with/and

   offers securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial
       Network(R), member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Adviser.

        ~ We appreciate your business and the trust you place in us ~