[DeTomaso] Super-nice Mangusta and Euro GTS for sale...

JEFFREY COBB jeffcobb1 at me.com
Fri Sep 23 02:21:57 EDT 2016

Mike, thanks,

Nice car, though would be nice if the seller would not send out incorrect info about the car.

People will remember these wrong stories.

> The Mangusta is based on a central tube frame with distinctive racing DNS,

Hello, there is no central tube frame.
> the De Tomaso was originally developed for Carroll Shelby.

Not true, though it was named to revenge him for the way DeTomaso felt Shelby had wronged him.
> Together with a Ford V8 engine and a sensational body by Giugiaro
>
> (originally designed for Piero Rivolta) originated from this the stunning Mangusta,

Again not true.
Piero told me eight months ago that his dad nor he had anything to do on any level with the Mangusta!
Here is some truth that we all most likely know.
---------------
On Jan 19, 2016, at 10:04 AM, Piero Rivolta <privolta at rivolta.com> wrote:

> Hello Jeff,
>
> The story about Ghia, Alessandro DeTomaso, Giuggiaro, Bizzarini, my father and the Iso-Rivolta Fidia and Mangusta is a total fiction.  Nothing makes sense.  My father had no business with Alessandro, who became my friend in 1967 when I met him at Ghia,                                       where Giuggiaro and myself did the Iso-Rivolta S4, whose body production had to be built by Ghia.
>
> My father died in August of 1966 and never thought about building a 4-door, and perhaps he was right.
> Bizzarrini had nothing to do with this car.  Later, because Ghia was doing a lousy job in building the bodies,
> I took over the production at Iso-Rivolta and changed the name of the S4 to Fidia.
> Iso built some Ghia to be distributed by their American parent company.
>
> Alessandro and I remained friends until he died.  We sailed together many times with my wife Lele and his wife Isabelle,
> who came to visit me in Sarasota two years ago.  But there never was a direct relationship between the two companies
> and Rivolta.  Mangusta was a DeTomaso car and I don’t know anything about Mangusta production except some
> confidential information that Alessandro shared with me regarding the American market and other details that will remain
> confidential. In the Winston Goodfellow book there is a very clear explanation of all this, starting on page 274.

I hope that helps, Jeff.  Maybe you could pass the info along to Wallace Wyss to set him straight?

> And unfortunately I won’t be attending Amelia this year.  But I hope you enjoy the show!  Take care.
>
> Piero

Jeff Cobb- I pad
W-225-343-7525
C-225-907-4514

   On Jan 19, 2016, at 10:04 AM, Piero Rivolta <[1]privolta at rivolta.com>
   wrote:

[...]

   and Rivolta.  Mangusta was a DeTomaso car and I donat know anything
   about Mangusta production except some

   confidential information that Alessandro shared with me regarding the
   American market and other details that will remain

   confidential. In the Winston Goodfellow book there is a very clear
   explanation of all this, starting on page 274.

   I hope that helps, Jeff.  Maybe you could pass the info along to
   Wallace Wyss to set him straight?

   And unfortunately I wonat be attending Amelia this year.  But I hope
[...]

   similar styling cues. But Rivolta didnat want it. So DeTomaso thought

   [5]http://www.velocetoday.com/a-designers-mangusta/

   That is my car in the photos. I was invited to the 2016 Amelia and of
   course will go and show.

   Will you be there?

   Hope to see you and here from you.

   Take care, Piero

   Jeff

     the 1966 presented at the Turin Motor Show.

     This De Tomaso Mangusta is the desirable version of the 1 Series.

     The vehicle was extensively restored and is in excellent condition.

   Jeff Cobb- I pad
   W-225-343-7525
   C-225-907-4514
   On Sep 22, 2016, at 10:42 PM, Mike Drew via DeTomaso

     ....in Germany:
     [7]http://www.thiesen-automobile.com/en/angebot_detailansicht29696.ht
   ml?f=
     new