[DeTomaso] Rear stock calipers sticking

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Thu Sep 22 15:44:06 EDT 2016

I fixed this problem, the parking brakes not releasing, by lubricating the cables.
I tried to use a cable lube tool meant for motorcycles, the parking brake cables were a bit too big in diameter for this to work well.  Eventually I just jammed the cable lube spray can tiny hose between the cable and the housing, maybe "sealing" the joint with a rag.  Raising the cables high in the wheel well, gravity carried the lube all the way to the end under the car.
I used a cable lube from a motorcycle store, it was very expensive, like $18 for a tiny can.
Of course, your issue may have a different root cause.
GD