[DeTomaso] 351C Engine Weight Savings

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Thu Sep 22 13:16:11 EDT 2016

/A bare stock block isn¹t heavy. I weighed mine. I believe it was
something like 162 lbs. That¹s obviously more than an aluminum block,
but I doubt you¹d notice it with the seat-of-the-pants dyno.

/I agree that saving about 45 pounds over a stock cast iron block isn't
a big deal, but my reason for using the Fontana block was that my
original block was already bored .030 over. The Fontana was bored .060
over and going to .125 over if I ever decide to do something different
won't be a problem.  There are also a number of other reasons that I
wanted to get away from the Cleveland block, but that was just my choice
and opinion.