[DeTomaso] 351C Engine Weight Savings

LSJ lashdeep at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 11:47:25 EDT 2016

Has anyone compiled a list of stock and aftermarket engine component weights?
I want to know where any weight savings can be achieved. Something like:
Stock block = X lbsAluminum block = X -97lbsStock 4V heads = Y lbsAluminum Edelbrock Performer heads = Y-70 lbsAluminum CHI Heads = Y- 64lbsStock intake manifold = Z lbsAlum. Edelbrock intake = Z-30 lbs
And so on...
It would be interesting to see how much aftermarket pieces weigh. Even if some of the smaller items were only 1-2lbs off, it could all add up dramatically in the end when the lightest pieces are all used together.

 LSJ

central wines-spirits   est 1934

625 e street nw
washington, dc 20004