[DeTomaso] High-flow versus standard-flow thermostats

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Sep 19 20:17:21 EDT 2016

All,

I just want to point out that the NAPA thermostat referenced by Mike is a standard-flow version, Cleveland-correct design.

There is also a high-flow Cleveland-correct version and THAT is the one Robertshaw has discontinued. I have heard the OEM unit from Ford was of the high-flow version.

I have not read any definitive analysis of actual performance differences between the standard and high flow designs.

What Marlin does is machine the “hat” and add it to the high-flow Windsor-correct thermostat, thus duplicating the unobtanium high-flow Cleveland-correct design.

Photo has high-flow on left, standard on right.

Larry