[DeTomaso] Water in glove box

Robert Stroj npdrs at maui.net
Sat Sep 17 12:40:43 EDT 2016

Hi, every time I wash my Pantera (71 model) I was finding front right carpet
getting wet in the foot area.
Last time I happened to open glove box after the wash and it was totally
filled with water!
Driver side seems to stay dry.
This is not even pressure wash, just regular wash without crazy spraying
around the door frames etc...
I guess it must somehow come in through the front went holes behind the
hood?

It seems that when I washed the car parked slightly nose up it stayed dry.
Also, recently got caught in heavy rain, but did not really get water
inside; maybe when car moves it drains different way...?

Did anyone have a similar problem and any suggestions where to look/how to
fix?

Also, my wipers work just on second speed; on first nothing happens. Would
that likely be a switch issue or it could be that they are wired wrong?

Thanks, Robert

PS. A nice photo from recent drive over Dolomites...just trying to pull out
front fender lip a bit :)