[DeTomaso] McLeod hydraulic throw out

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 17:19:14 EDT 2016

Heat?

As I previously wrote, I have over 50,000 miles using one of the McLeod systems.

Those 50,000 miles have all been WITH a black plastic plug in the hole that some wish to call a ventilation hole rather than an inspection hole. Your choice, I don't really care.

Whatever heat issues may or may not be present, with or without a plug, have never appeared to be an issue in any way, shape or form in my many years of experience.

I am all ears if Larry or anyone else has history that supports a failure of the McLeod unit from excessive heat.

Larry