[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 147, Issue 11

Craig Campman ccampman at cox.net
Sat Sep 10 14:28:59 EDT 2016

I have had great experience using the Cibie headlight conversion reflector assembly in both an older mustang (1972) and my Pantera. The reflector/lens unit is a drop-in replacement for the stock Pantera headlight. You can then select from numerous aftermarket bulbs with both low/high beam configurations in various wattages from stock (55/65 watts) to very high (100+). Note the higher wattages will require better wiring and/or a relay setup to function well.

The last set of reflector/lens assemblies I bought from Amazon were around $45 per reflector/lens. I paired them with Philips 9003 X-tremeVision Upgrade Headlight Bulbs at around $30 per set. Search Amazon for "Cibie 082440 Light Unit” to find the reflector/lens assembly. Search for "Philips 9003 X-tremeVision Upgrade Headlight Bulb” to find the bulbs I currently use in my Pantera

Hella and others make 100/80 watt and other high power bulbs that will fit this reflector, but these are not technically street legal and will cook your wiring if it is not updated. I also believe the reflectors will fit various LED conversion bulbs, but have not tried it yet.

Here is a link to a Jeep forum where this reflector/lens conversion is discussed:  http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/headlight-swap-complete-1385873.html

Regards,
Craig Campman