[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 147, Issue 7

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 8 12:05:12 EDT 2016

Ditto for me.

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Dawn Spacecraft Team
Rosetta Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>
🇺🇸

From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com>> on behalf of "cengles at cox.net<mailto:cengles at cox.net>" <cengles at cox.net<mailto:cengles at cox.net>>
Date: Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:58 AM
To: "larrys at panteraparts.com<mailto:larrys at panteraparts.com>" <larrys at panteraparts.com<mailto:larrys at panteraparts.com>>
Cc: "detomaso at server.detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>" <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 147, Issue 7

Dear Larry,

              Dumb question: is your brace system available individually
or only as a package?

                                  Curious,  Chuck Engles

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Larry Stock wrote:

It is the the lower front end of the Pantera that is the weakest point
Mike. The Upper front is well braced, it is the lower A-Arm attachment
that is left floundering. The Front affects the rear twist. Remember
the
rear sway bar affects the front end handling part of 101 suspension
tuning? I actually cracked (broke off) my front frame member at the
attaching points to the Cabin. The only thing that was holding my
Pantera
together was my frame brace system. The 4 piece system you refer to
does
nothing to reinforce this weakest point of the Pantera Frame. Our
lower
front stiffener is a 5 foot long X to cross brace the ³Splice² the
factory
used to attach the front frame section to the cabin sheetmetal. Our
front
brace connects the two front frame rails to the cabin lateral (cross
stiffener under the front of the seats) that ties to the 3 piece
rocker
Box panels. Larry

On 9/7/16, 6:55 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Mike Drew via DeTomaso"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com> on behalf of