[DeTomaso] Chassis stiffening kit install

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:59:11 EDT 2016

I'm not an automotive engineer but I am a structural engineer and such bracing in the front trunk isn't my first choice in brace points. There's a couple other "elephants in the room" so to speak.  I've had some good conversations with Goran Malmberg about his testing of torsional stiffness and tend to agree with his test results.  I have Larry's bracing.  There's two other really good locations to brace besides what Larry has:

1.  The rear upper cross brace is useless and is a hinge where it needs to be stiff. There is significant twisting there. The Precision Proformance brace there helps.
2.  The interior of the car twists the most. Rocker strengthening or full roll cage would help if done right but I would only do a roll cage in a race car where a helmet is worn. Also, to brace it right, the passenger seat would be useless.

Just my two cents.

Corey