[DeTomaso] Chassis stiffening kit install

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 11:18:06 EDT 2016

I could start by saying leave it i the corner of the garage, unless you are building and out and out racer.... it is only purpose in a street car is to further limit your wife's luggage allowance, although maybe that could be deemed a positive if she is then limited to only taking briefs and bras...

Others seem to have managed to bolt it in, sitting very low in the trunk (less than an inch between brace and trunk floor). To be functional it should sit directly behind the upper shock mounts.

Julian

________________________________
I am currently working on the front trunk area and I am trying to figure out
the best way to mount the triangular upper brace (the part sold by Precision
ProFormance). The mounting plates have four bolt holes but it looks like I
would not be able to get bolts to work as they would conflict with the upper
suspension mounting rail. I am thinking the best solution may be to plug
weld those holes from the trunk side. Can anyone share their experience
installing these plates?

Thank you,

John