[DeTomaso] Chassis stiffening kit install

John McKee johnmckee at cox.net
Tue Sep 6 01:28:25 EDT 2016

I am currently working on the front trunk area and I am trying to figure out
the best way to mount the triangular upper brace (the part sold by Precision
ProFormance). The mounting plates have four bolt holes but it looks like I
would not be able to get bolts to work as they would conflict with the upper
suspension mounting rail. I am thinking the best solution may be to plug
weld those holes from the trunk side. Can anyone share their experience
installing these plates?

Thank you,

John