[DeTomaso] F-1 in Austin

Richard Greenblum Richard at richardgreenblum.com
Thu Oct 27 09:53:16 EDT 2016

The governor sitting at the time the deal was made (Rick Perry--a Texas
Aggie) supported the track and the agreement called for $25M for COTA. The
new governor (Greg Abbott--a Texas Longhorn) decided to reinterpret the
agreement claiming the state owed less (I believe $19M).  The shortfall
created a huge problem for the track, especially when combined with last
year¹s loss of Saturday (bad storms) and poor attendance on Sunday (rainy up
until race time).

This year hopefully turned things around.  If you saw Hamilton¹s post-race
interview, you may have noticed it looked like a plea to ensure COTA stays
on the schedule in the future.

Sorry, couldn¹t resist including the alma maters of the two governorsŠglad
Perry isn¹t our President, but I am glad he was governor when the track
sought support along with movie makers, and all the other entertainment
based entities that come to Austin.

Richard
Austin, TX
7080