[DeTomaso] lost another great American

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 01:43:11 EDT 2016

 Famed aviator 'Bob' Hoover, who escaped Nazis by stealing a plane, dies at 94

|    |
Famed aviator 'Bob' Hoover, who escaped Nazis by stealing a plane, ...
 By Jon Ostrower Aviation legend R.A. "Bob" Hoover died Tuesday at age 94. He escaped the Nazis by stealing one of thei...  |   |

I have a vague recollection that the government was going to pull his pilots license in the 70s due to age, and Chuck Yeager got involved and pointed out that Hoover was still a great pilot.