[DeTomaso] Carolla slams Pantera owners

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:52:12 EDT 2016

_....he is a huge Pantera fan._
Yes...seemed to me that his acerbic comment was inspired by his love
for the car and hated to see them messed with too much. Ahem.  I seem
to recall saying something myself a while back, at least equally
trashy, right here in this forum, in reference to whale tails and
such....? By now we've heard it all, haven't we?  ("Redneck Supercar"
is a personal favorite of mine.) Yeah, we do love to do our thing with
our Panteras.  Oh well....that's just because the car is such an
outstandingly wicked-looking automotive creation, we just can't help
ourselves.
-----------------------------------------------------------NPC--------------------------------------------
I also have a 65 Buick Riviera.  Don't get me going on what Hispanic
gentlemen with access to wildly creative body shop talent love to do
to one of these. Just type in "riviera" into craiglist and there will
be at least 5 of these monstrosities for sale, every one of them well
beyond the point of no return.  Even George Barris couldn't help
himself when he beheld a 65 Rivy:
http://wearecontrollingtransmission.blogspot.com/2011/03/hot-wheels-chemospheres-chromoites.html
The Barris Riviera recently sold to a guy in Florida for something in
the low $100K's.   Some iconic cars, the ones that are affordable to a
great many people, are just going to end up being victimized to some
extent by their own awesomeness.   Gotta say that if I were the
designer of a car that people loved so much they couldn't leave it
alone, I'd be proud.
 Sent using Hushmail
On October 18, 2016 at 12:33 PM, "LSJ via DeTomaso"  wrote:I have met
Carolla in Monterey and he is a huge Pantera fan. LSJ

central wines-spirits   est 1934

625 e street nw
washington, dc 20004
centralwines.com