[DeTomaso] Tilting the radiator

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 02:19:31 EDT 2016

Jack,

Good question. My best guesses:

If the radiator stood straight up and down, and the top was drawn to the rear to achieve this, the front trunk would be substantially smaller. The original design housed the spare in the front trunk, which is why the leading edge of the trunk is curved as it is.

If instead the bottom of the radiator was moved forward to achieve a vertical orientation, the hoodline would have to be raised as the radiator would be too tall to fit.

Fwiw....

Mike

Sent from my iPhone