[DeTomaso] Heater blower fan

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 12:47:57 EDT 2016

Also, all fuses are good.

      From: Garth Rodericks <garth_rodericks at yahoo.com>
 To: DeTomaso Mail List <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:46 AM
 Subject: Heater blower fan

Looking to the list for ideas on where to look for my problem...
Background/Symptoms:Years ago my interior heater/AC blower fan stopped working.  I would turn the fan on high, and after a few minutes or more it would slow down and eventually stop.  Sometimes it would not come on at all.  I stopped using it altogether for a number of years.
Last year I was planning to replace the heater/AC blower fan and started to remove the dash, but did not due to the size of the job and not having sufficient time before the next event/show I wanted to take the car to. So I re-secured the center console switch panel and buttoned everything up, then shortly afterward found the heater/AC blower fan was working perfectly again, consistently blowing high or low depending on the switch selection.  The fan was blowing steady like a new motor.  I mentioned this to another club member who told me the motors rarely actually go out and that the issue was most likely a contact somewhere else. So, I had the AC worked on and charged and the blower has worked fine for the last year or more.
A week ago on the way home from the Niello Concours the heater/AC blower fan stopped working again. Regardless of the switch position, the fan motor does not come on.
I've removed and replaced the wires from the switch to make sure they had good contact, but no change.

I checked voltage at each post with the switch in the 'low' and 'high' positions and I'm getting 12v appropriately (or thereabouts - I don't remember the exact reading on the multimeter).
I have a relay kit; could this be an issue with one of the relays?  Where should I look next?
Thanks!Garth