[DeTomaso] [SDP] 2017 POCA Fun Rally

marshall smith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 11 16:20:30 EDT 2016

Okay Ed....I bid $60,000.00 for your Pantera.

On Tue, 10/11/16, Ed Mendez <edducati at mac.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [SDP] 2017 POCA Fun Rally
 To: "Effie Richards" <erichards at zogob.sdcoxmail.com>
 Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 1:16 PM

 The San Diego Fun Rally
 in my opinion was an amazing event, I had been to AZ, Vegas,
 and San Diego, and IMHO the San Diego event was top notch
 bar none. Lot’s of organized runs, great food, great
 friends, it was again an awesome event.

 I know of some things that went horribly wrong
 behind the scenes; I was not privy to all of the info
 because it was before I was on the board, however on behalf
 of the POCA BOD I apologize to any that were effected. All I
 can say is, lets make sure future events are as top notch
 and as high class as your San Diego event was, and will
 bring as much fun to all of the membership in future Fun
 Rallys. Remember the survey that went out 41% of people
 would love to have it back in San Diego so something must
 have gone right. :-) again, It was the San Diego members and
 their hard work that made it that way.

 So a bid from Marshall would be highly
 appreciated.

 Kind
 regards,

 Ed

 10:05, Effie Richards <erichards at zogob.sdcoxmail.com>
 wrote:

 > Here I
 come again!....
 > Ed, I hope you are not
 expecting Marshall to put a bid in...  not after our
 experience of 2014!

 > By the way, no one from POCA had the
 curtesy of responding to my question "why POCA did not
 support SDP club hosting the 2014 rally and instead,
 sabotaged our efforts and totally ignored our pleas for
 support"?    Someone or someones were behind this
 "coup" and no one will ever have the nerve or
 class to even apologize without admitting guilt, just like
 our politicians!

 I really don't expect to get an answer from the POCA
 board, but I do want everyone on the list to know, although
 our club worked twice x twice as hard to successfully host
 such an awesome event, we had to double and triple our work
 in order to compensate for the luck of support from POCA.

 > Our love and passion
 for the car may take over our brain and lead us back to
 another rally, but believe me, we know who our friends are
 these days.