[DeTomaso] Lot 664 - > Pantera 6665

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Tue Oct 11 09:20:14 EDT 2016

Was the car ever put on a dyno to see what would happen with the engine under load and revs?

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, Scott Mead <scott at scottmeadphotography.com> wrote:

Yes, that was my grandfather's car. He purchased it from the original owner, a dentist in Louisiana. What started as minor rust repair and a re-quickly morphed into a multi-year, mega-buck, no-stone-left-unturned restoration. It was a show car that accrued its mileage rolling on and off trailers, into and out of show venues and in and out of the garage.

For a few years in the late 80s and early 90s, we took the car on the ISCA show circuit, and came home with a load of hardware. Somewhere, I have a photo of Fred's 2-car garage -- one side shows the car, the other is a car's worth of trophies taking up the other stall. As I was the one who detailed the car, I still have an intimate knowledge of the car's details and the scars from continually cleaning it!

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Mead
Scott Mead Photography