[DeTomaso] Alternator blues....

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Fri Oct 7 21:53:52 EDT 2016

I would want that +2" bolt to be a "snug" fit to the alternator bracket.  A
10mm body bolt would have a 0.006" loose fit (so so good).  The bolt body
should be in both ears with a washer used to allow threads to be outside the
ear.  And the holes in the ears be the same as the hole in the alternator
(or tighter) so the 10mm is also a snug fit

The other would be either the bracket gap between ears be a snug fit or use
washers to achieve.

And finally, once the sliding bolt is snug for belt tension, is the through
bolt snugged so the ears are clamping the alternator