[DeTomaso] Alternator blues....

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:57:35 EDT 2016

Mike,

I hate chasing these type of electrical problems, but here's some thoughts;

i) Battery going bad (how old is it?), requiring the alternator to have to constantly charge

ii) Some alternator re builders are notorious for units failing, over a 50% failure rate is not uncommon. I had a similar issue with my GT40; on the third alternator we switched to a higher amp 'new' unit and never had a problem since.

iii) It could also be an intermittent short or bad ground

Julian